Get To Know Melissa
Melissa Mercer Brown lives on Scenic 30A along the emerald coast of Walton County Florida where the breathtaking landscape and coastline provide a constant source for her inspiration. Her style of painting is often using a lot of texture and translucent layering of washes to capture the changing sea and skies. The drama of the weather along with its effect with light on the coastal horizon, dune lakes and coastal vegetation are subjects that she longs to paint. She finds strength, support and encouragement from her beautiful family, friends, fellow artists and living faith.
Exhibits and Galleries
Melissa’s artwork has exhibited in many shows to include…
- The Visual Arts Committee, led by the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County
- Shows with the Visual Arts Committee led by
- The Beach Art Group, Panama City, FL
- DeFuniak Springs Art Co-Op, DeFuniak Springs, FL
- Arts in Medicine with Sacred Heart Hospital, Miramar Beach, FL
- Solo Exhibit with the Arts Program, Coastal Branch Library, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Community Art Involvement
- Served as Chair of The Visual Art’s Committee led by the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County
- Art Director and Curator of the Costal Branch Library in Santa Rosa Beach, FL
- Member of Artistsof 30A.com
- Currently serves on the Board of the Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County in Santa Rosa Beach, FL.